It wasn’t my intention to paint this evening, but I ended up doing a little bit because I feel like I want to keep some momentum going. I’m actually working on a blog post about momentum at the moment, so more on that later this week. I thought my only real hobby stuff for today was going to be some spray priming:
I’m quite looking forward to getting started on that tray, actually. There’s a lot of cool stuff in there. The contents are:
- 1x Snatchaboss on Sludgeraker Beast
- 2x Swampcalla Shamans and 2x Pot Grots
- 1x Great Unclean One
- 1x Bloab Rotspawned
- 2x Lords of Affliction
- 4x Pusgoyle Blightlords
- 1x Be’Lakor, the Dark Master
When I sat back down, my eyes were drawn to the shelf next to me where the half-finished Daemon Prince sat. He was actually the first model that I converted for my Nurgle army and I had intended to ally him into my Maggotkin force. I ended up dropping this idea and picking up the concept of a heavily-converted Slaves to Darkness army.
It feels good to finally have him finished:
Honestly, the biggest impetus for the design of this conversion was the base size. I was always going to use Drycha, but it was the difficulty in fitting her onto the 60mm base. I’m happy with how it turned out, but I did have to glue some coins to the underside of the base in the interest of balance.
Going forward, the Slaves army will not be my biggest priority. I can see myself kind of picking away at it. Some of the other conversions for the army are waiting for some greenstuff work before I can prime them. I actually had three Daemon princes planned, but I’ve not taken any action towards the next two. One is another conversion from a Games Workshop model, though a much more basic one than this. The other is from another, smaller publisher and I’ve had the mini for years. I’m keen to get to use it.
Oh, and I’ve gone ahead and set up a gallery page for the Slaves to Darkness miniatures.